Lilea “Lilly” Stolworthy : Mother reveals new information about daughter’s struggle with mental health before murder-suicide.

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : Medical Lake, Washington – In a heartbreaking turn of events, the mother of the 11-year-old girl who was tragically shot and killed in Medical Lake on Sunday has come forward with new revelations about her daughter and the suspected killer’s ongoing struggle with mental health.

Lilea “Lilly” Stolworthy’s life was cut short on Sunday when her lifeless body was discovered just outside her family’s home on Prentis Street. The Spokane Medical Examiner later confirmed that Lilly had succumbed to a gunshot wound to the head. Detectives believe that her brother, identified as 31-year-old Jordan Brownlow, was responsible for her death before taking his own life.

The Spokane County Sheriff’s office revealed that Brownlow’s lifeless body was found slumped over in a car on Graham Road, clutching a pistol in his hand.

Darel Stolworthy, the grieving mother, shared that her son had been on life support as organ arrangements were made, as he was a certified donor. However, she sadly informed KHQ on Wednesday afternoon that Brownlow had officially been declared dead.

In an exclusive interview, Stolworthy disclosed that both Lilly and Brownlow had been battling mental health issues for a considerable period. She revealed that both had attempted suicide on multiple occasions.

Lilly had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and would occasionally exhibit violent behavior at home as a result. While she was medicated, Stolworthy expressed that medication alone was not sufficient and that Lilly required counseling. Unfortunately, finding a suitable mental health facility for the 11-year-old proved to be a challenge. Either Lilly declined due to time constraints, or the facilities rejected her due to her young age.

This struggle took a toll on the family, but Stolworthy expressed her gratitude to the Medical Lake School District for their support in assisting Lilly during her time at school.

Stolworthy tearfully recounted her final conversation with Lilly, during which her daughter expressed a desire to “be done” with life.

Despite the horrifying nature of the incident, Stolworthy believes that Brownlow believed his actions were a means of protecting their family.

Court documents indicate that the suspect sent a group text message to family members, pleading for forgiveness. It remains uncertain whether the murder-suicide was planned in advance, but Stolworthy finds solace in the belief that her children are now at peace.

A vigil has been organized for Lilly, scheduled to take place at Wilcox Park in Medical Lake on Thursday, November 30, at six p.m. The event is open to the public, providing an opportunity for individuals to pay their respects to the sweet and beautiful young girl Lilly was remembered to be by her mother.

The Stolworthy family remains uncertain about their attendance at the vigil as they continue to grapple with the immense pain caused by these tragic events.

Leave a Comment