– Twain Sciberras – The security officer in the bar’s toilets – The security guard at the Eden Cinemas : Youth Receives Six-Year Jail Term for Assaulting Security Officer in Paceville

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : A young individual has been sentenced to six years in prison for a violent assault on a security officer at a bar in Paceville, Malta. Twain Sciberras, who was 19 years old at the time of the incident, had been bowling with his uncle before they decided to have a drink at Bacco Bar. However, their evening took a turn for the worse when Sciberras’ uncle became impatient with the barman’s service and began shouting and swearing. A bouncer at the club intervened to defuse the situation, but Sciberras joined in and started verbally abusing the bouncer, claiming to be associated with dangerous individuals.

The bouncer, in an attempt to prevent further escalation, invited Sciberras and his uncle to the bar toilets for a discussion. However, the situation quickly spiraled out of control. Sciberras blocked the bouncer’s path and attacked him with a knuckleduster, causing severe injuries to the bouncer’s face and head. Sciberras also took the bouncer’s radio and smashed it, preventing him from calling for help.

Later that evening, another security guard at the Eden Cinemas witnessed Sciberras involved in a fight and approached him. In response, Sciberras kicked a dustbin and physically assaulted the security guard, causing facial injuries that required suturing. It was determined by a forensic doctor that the security guard had suffered a fracture above the eye and experienced eyesight problems as a result of the attack.

Sciberras denied the charges against him, claiming self-defense and stating that the bouncer had initiated the confrontation. However, CCTV footage from the bar contradicted his version of events, clearly showing Sciberras initiating the assault on the bouncer.

The court condemned Sciberras’ “shocking” and unprovoked behavior, noting the clear visibility of the knuckleduster during the attack. Despite Sciberras’ relatively clean criminal record and personal growth since the incident, the court deemed a suspended sentence or probation inappropriate due to the severity of the charges. Consequently, Sciberras was sentenced to six years in prison, minus the time he had already spent in custody. Additionally, a three-year restraining order was issued in favor of the victims, and Sciberras was ordered to cover court expert expenses.

The prosecution was led by Inspector Leeroy Balzan Engerer, while lawyers Joe Giglio and Roberto Montalto represented the victims.

Leave a Comment