Victim or deceased name: James Hutchinson : Man Dies After Running from Paramedics, Being Arrested by Denver Police

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : Man Dies After Fleeing Ambulance: Denver Police Launch Investigation

In a tragic turn of events, a man in Denver died after being arrested by police officers. The incident occurred in the early morning hours of November 15th at an apartment building in the area of 14th Avenue and Speer Boulevard. The Denver Police Department has revealed that the man had gotten out of an ambulance and fled from paramedics just minutes before his arrest.

During a news conference held on Wednesday afternoon, the Denver Police Department provided updates on this case, as well as another separate incident involving a shooting at Commons Park on November 20th. The in-custody death earlier in the month prompted the initiation of an investigation.

According to DPD Major Crimes Division Commander Matt Clark, the sequence of events began when dispatch received a call around 11:55 p.m. on November 14th. The caller was rambling and yelling, and eventually mentioned experiencing symptoms of a heart attack before abruptly hanging up. Firefighters and paramedics were immediately dispatched to the location.

Shortly thereafter, another call was received from a security officer at the nearby King Soopers. The security officer reported that a man at the location claimed someone was chasing or attempting to rob him. Paramedics arrived and attempted to assist the man into an ambulance, but he proved to be uncooperative. Eventually, he exited the ambulance and fled on foot.

As firefighters were leaving the scene, they witnessed the man throwing a rock at the glass entry door of a building on Speer Boulevard. This prompted them to request police assistance. A responding officer spotted the man outside the building, but when the man ran away, the officer did not give chase.

At around 12:16 a.m., security at a nearby apartment complex reported to 911 that the man had broken a ground-floor window. Two security guards attempted to prevent him from entering the building, but he forcefully pushed past them. The guards then wrestled him to the ground, during which he assaulted one of them.

When officers arrived, the security guards still had the man pinned down. They handcuffed him and noticed he was having difficulty breathing and was unresponsive to questions. Paramedics were called back to the scene, but despite their efforts, the man stopped breathing. CPR and naloxone administration were unsuccessful, and he was subsequently pronounced dead at the hospital.

The deceased has been identified as James Hutchinson, 36. The coroner’s office is currently working to determine the cause of death. Three officers were involved in the arrest and rendering aid to Hutchinson. Given the circumstances surrounding his cardiac arrest, the Denver Police Department initiated its critical incident investigation protocol, involving multiple agencies.

This tragic incident highlights the need for a thorough investigation to determine the events that led to Hutchinson’s death while in police custody. Authorities will be closely examining body-worn camera footage and conducting interviews with witnesses to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the circumstances surrounding this case.

Leave a Comment