Xavier Rashawn Moore : Man Accused of Assault Dies in Police Custody After Being Chased and Beaten

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : Man Accused of Sexual Assault at Santa Ana McDonald’s Dies in Police Custody

A tragic incident unfolded in Santa Ana when a 31-year-old man, Xavier Rashawn Moore, accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a local McDonald’s, was chased and beaten by two witnesses. Shockingly, Moore died while in police custody, leaving authorities grappling with the events that transpired.

According to the Santa Ana Police Department, Moore allegedly put his hands up a woman’s pants while she was retrieving something from her car on the evening of October 4. The victim managed to provide a description of the assailant to a 911 dispatcher, stating that the man fled the scene and was being pursued by two bystanders who witnessed the assault.

Shortly after, another 911 call came in reporting a violent altercation between two men outside a residence on West Stanford Street, just a short distance from the McDonald’s. Responding officers discovered Moore lying motionless on the ground near the scene, leading them to believe he was the suspect from the earlier incident.

Despite repeated commands from the police to comply, Moore did not respond and was ultimately handcuffed. During the arrest, officers claimed that Moore had spat out a small bag containing narcotics, although this was not visible in the edited footage from the officer’s body camera.

Tragically, less than 48 hours later, Moore was declared brain-dead while in police custody due to “underlying medical complications.” He later succumbed to his injuries during emergency surgery. The exact cause of his death remains undetermined, pending investigation by the medical examiner’s office. If it is determined that Moore’s injuries from the beating led to his demise, his death may be classified as a homicide.

The Santa Ana Police Department, along with the Orange County district attorney’s office, is conducting a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Moore’s death. Homicide detectives and internal affairs investigators are assessing whether proper protocols were followed.

Moore, a resident of Santa Ana, had a history of criminal offenses. He was required to register as a sex offender for previous charges related to indecent exposure and lewd acts with a child under the age of 14. Additionally, Moore had prior charges for narcotics possession.

Authorities have yet to release the identities of the two men who attacked Moore. While one of the individuals has cooperated with investigators, the second person has not been interviewed. Currently, no charges have been filed against the individuals involved in the beating.

This tragic incident has thrust Santa Ana into the spotlight, raising concerns about the use of force by witnesses and the actions taken by the police during the arrest. As the investigation unfolds, authorities remain committed to uncovering the truth and ensuring justice is served for all parties involved.

Leave a Comment