Karan Gupta : “27-year-old man killed, driver arrested in Delhi hit-and-run incident”

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : 27-year-old Karan Gupta was tragically killed and another individual, Omkar Patle, sustained injuries when they were struck by a speeding car in New Delhi. Thankfully, the police acted swiftly and apprehended the driver of the offending vehicle within 48 hours of the incident. Gupta, a resident of Vishnu Garden, sadly succumbed to his injuries, while Patle, who resides in Raghuveer Nagar, is currently undergoing treatment.

According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Pranav Tayal, the accident was reported on November 26 through a PCR call at the Mandir Marg police station. Upon arrival at the scene on Panchkuian Road, the police discovered that the injured had been transferred to Lady Hardinge hospital. Unfortunately, Gupta was declared dead by doctors, while Patle was unable to provide a statement due to his ongoing treatment.

Undeterred by the absence of eyewitnesses and Patle’s inability to provide a statement, the diligent police team meticulously reviewed over 100 CCTV cameras installed in the vicinity of the crime scene. Through their perseverance, they were able to identify the route taken by the offending vehicle, ultimately leading them to its owner, Ganga Singh Hanspal. Hanspal was subsequently interrogated and admitted to driving the vehicle at the time of the accident. He was arrested but later released on bail after following due legal procedures.

In a separate incident, a 38-year-old individual was arrested for shooting at a night club manager in Gurugram. The altercation stemmed from a disagreement over the applicable discount on the bill. Allegedly, the accused summoned 15-20 people who proceeded to verbally abuse the club manager. The situation escalated when one individual fired 3-4 gunshots, injuring the manager’s leg.

Furthermore, a woman fell victim to a scam involving pending electricity bills, losing Rs 1 lakh in the process. After filing a complaint on June 3, the culprits were finally apprehended on Wednesday. The fraudsters deceived the woman by claiming that her electricity supply would be cut off, prompting her to call a provided mobile number. Unbeknownst to her, the link she was redirected to subsequently hacked her bank account.

These incidents serve as a reminder of the importance of road safety and vigilance against scams. The swift action taken by the police in both cases highlights their dedication to maintaining law and order and bringing perpetrators to justice.

Leave a Comment