Courtney Gordon, 11-year-old girl, 12-year-old boy, 44-year-old woman, 30-year-old man : “Multiple Deaths, Including Children, in Chaotic Incident in Queens, New York City”

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : Multiple Deaths in Queens: Police Investigate Chaotic Incident

NEW YORK CITY – Law enforcement authorities in New York City are currently investigating a disturbing and chaotic incident that occurred in Queens early Sunday morning, resulting in the tragic deaths of several individuals, including two children.

The incident unfolded at approximately 5 a.m. when the police received a distressing 911 call reporting an ongoing assault at a residence in Far Rockaway, Queens. Promptly responding to the call, patrolling officers arrived at the scene and encountered a man attempting to leave the premises with his luggage.

The suspect, later identified as 38-year-old Courtney Gordon, engaged the responding officers on the street and attacked them with a kitchen knife, inflicting injuries before the officers opened fire, ultimately resulting in Gordon’s death.

Upon entering the premises, officers discovered a devastating scene. An 11-year-old girl was found lifeless outside the residence and was swiftly transported to a nearby hospital, where she was tragically pronounced dead. The police encountered further obstacles as they discovered that Gordon had set fire to a couch in the living room, impeding their immediate access until firefighters arrived to extinguish the flames.

Once the fire was under control, law enforcement officers entered the home and made a grim discovery. Inside, they found three individuals who had succumbed to fatal stab wounds: a 12-year-old boy, a 44-year-old woman, and a 30-year-old man. Another victim, a 61-year-old woman, was found with multiple stab wounds and was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.

The two officers who were attacked by Gordon were also transported to a hospital for treatment of their non-life-threatening injuries, providing some relief amidst the tragedy.

During a subsequent press conference, officials revealed that Gordon had a prior arrest for strangulation in a domestic violence incident. Authorities believe he had been visiting family members at the residence when the violent encounter unfolded. The investigation is currently ongoing as law enforcement agencies diligently work to determine the factors that led to this horrific incident.

The community is left in shock and mourning as they grapple with the immense loss of innocent lives. The authorities are focused on uncovering every detail surrounding this tragedy, aiming to provide answers and justice to the grieving families affected by this senseless act of violence.

Leave a Comment