The victims or deceased names are: 1. 12-year-old boy (identity not released) 2. 44-year-old woman (identity not released) 3. Male in his 30s (identity not released) 4. 11-year-old girl (identity not released) : “Man Kills Four Family Members and Stabs Police Officers in New York City Rampage”

Death – Obituary – Accident and Crime News : Tragedy Strikes Queens Home as Man Kills Four Family Members, Including Two Children

NEW YORK CITY — A horrifying incident unfolded in a quiet neighborhood in Queens, New York City, on Sunday morning, as a man went on a deadly rampage, killing four family members, including two children. The suspect, identified as 38-year-old Courtney Gordon, a Bronx resident, had been visiting his family in the Far Rockaway neighborhood. The shocking incident ended when two police officers, who had responded to a distress call, were forced to shoot him dead.

According to authorities, the victims included a 12-year-old boy, a 44-year-old woman, and a man in his 30s, who were found dead at the scene. Tragically, an 11-year-old girl was discovered in front of the house and rushed to the hospital, where she was later pronounced dead. All the victims are believed to have succumbed to stab wounds, although their identities have not been released at this time.

During the rampage, two police officers were also attacked. One officer was stabbed in the neck and chest area, while the other was slashed in the head. Fortunately, both officers are expected to recover from their injuries. Another woman, aged 61, was also injured in the attack and is currently in critical condition after sustaining multiple stab wounds.

The incident unfolded after a young woman made a distress call to the police, reporting that her cousin was killing her family. When the officers arrived at the scene, they encountered Gordon, who was carrying a luggage bag. However, instead of cooperating, he pulled out a knife and launched a brutal attack on the officers. In self-defense, one of the officers shot and killed him.

The tragedy was compounded by a house fire that erupted during the incident, preventing additional officers from immediately entering the home. Firefighters worked tirelessly to extinguish the flames, and once the fire was under control, they discovered the bodies of three victims inside.

Patrick Hendry, the head of the New York Police Department’s police union, described the scene as chaotic and commended the officer’s quick response in stopping the threat. The motive behind the attack and the events leading up to it remain under investigation.

As the community grapples with the shock and grief caused by this senseless act of violence, local authorities and support services are offering counseling and assistance to those affected.

Leave a Comment